Double Chocolate Pistachio Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 9 oz dark chocolate, chopped (60-72% cacao)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
2. In a medium glass bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring regularly, until the two are melted together.
3. Stir in brown sugar.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour in chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
5. Stir in milk chocolate chunks (or chips) and pistachios. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only wet crumbs, not batter, attached.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then carefully lift foil and brownies out of pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Cool completely before slicing into 25 small pieces with a sharp knife.
Makes 25 brownies.