- 1 lb kadayıf (shredded fillo dough)
- 2 cups chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 sticks sweet cream butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
Preparation of Syrup:
1. Mix sugar and milk and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer about 10 minutes under low heat. Let it cool.
3. After it cools, it will be poured on the hot kadayif.
Preparation of Kadayif:
1. Place half of the kadayif on a greased, deep baking pan. Melt the butter and drizzle half of the butter on the kadayıf.
2. Mix the pistachios and the powdered sugar and spread on top of the kadayıf. Place the rest of the kadayıf on top of the pistachio mixture.
3. Drizzle with the rest of the butter. Preheat oven to 375º and bake until the surface of the kadayıf is golden brown.
4. Pour the cooled syrup all over the surface of the hot kadayıf. Sprinkle some chopped pistachios on top.
This dessert goes well with Turkish coffee. Enjoy!